October 11, 2012

I’m at work, but I’m barely getting anything done. I got up from my desk a couple of minutes ago to walk around outside for a while. I can’t shake the feeling of suspense. This is much more nerve wracking than a job interview.

B. went to her local clinic this morning to have a blood test that will end our Two Week Wait. Either we will be pregnant or we will have to start the process over again. She will need to have hormone injections for two months and then we will travel to the IVF clinic in December for Round Two. Besides the delay, Round Two costs $10,000.

Please let her be pregnant.

We had a little bit of good news last week. B. texted us during the day on Saturday to say that she had taken a home pregnancy test. The results were positive, but the pink line she was looking for was very faint. I have no idea whether that indicates uncertainty about the outcome of the test, how soon after implantation she was taking the test, or some other hormonal glitch caused by the embryo transfer. The IVF nurse told us that there are a higher number of false positives with IVF and we need to wait until the blood test.

So we’re trying not to get our hopes up too much.

I thought that we would have heard by now. I thought that the lab that did the testing would do it in-house and that it wouldn’t take very long. I know B. has concluded her appointment because the charge has already shown up on our credit card.

I’m trying to remain calm, but it’s not working. I know we will hear soon. Just a few hours more.